Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cyber Songs

Dear Chris,
Happy New Year!
These are my Cyber Songs. You didn't know you were a muse, did you?


Ode to a Text Fairy

Dear electric sprite,
Carry my message to my love in haste
Please do not tarry
Do not stop to gossip
And giggle over
The content of mortals' messages

Fly as you can, bright fairy
At the speed of light
From phone to tower
Tower to satellite
And back to Earth again

Fly to my love, shocking nymph
Carry my kiss with you
And place it on his cheek
As I would




Tears

no tears would come.
no tears for the terror
the loneliness
the sorrow
or joy
Dry eyes always

Tears held in reservoir
dammed up
until the lake of tears was dark and deep

an earthquake of the body and soul
cracked the dam
and the tears leaked out

the tears trickled
and spurted
and fell
separating the spectrum in the spray
of the waterfall of tears

And now there is gratitude
for all the tears
which come to wet thirsty cheeks
Cascades of tears
for all the years no tears would come




Love's Captive

I wish to be your captive
Hold my body like you hold my heart
In velvet bondage
Enforce pleasure on me
As I feign weak protest
Subdue my body
Release my soul





My Phantom

My Love is a phantom
An apparition
A hallucination
The presence of his spirit haunts me
Did I hear him whisper to me?
Did I see him just there in the crowd?
Will he be standing behind me when I turn around?

I know his voice
I have viewed the image of his countenance
Yet never have we touched
Or stood in each other’s presence
Sometimes I imagine I feel his arms around me
his fingers twining my hair
lips brushing the nape of my neck

I feel the warmth of his love
The fire of his passion
I turn to him, but he vanishes

My Love is a phantom
born across water
over mountains
through air and space by thought and electricity
He does whisper to my mind, and I hear him
He projects himself to me and I see him
My skin reacts just as if he had touched me
My Love is real




Come Play

Come play with me
Pretend with me
I’ll imagine your hug
You’ll imagine my kiss

On the next falling star
We’ll imagine a wish
That all our pretending
Is practice unending
For something more real
Than reality offers

Creating our own place
Our castle in cyberspace
Where dreamers and lovers unwind

Come play with me
Pretend with me
You’ll imagine my hug
I’ll imagine your kiss

We’ll unwind together
Imagine the bliss
As we make our own heaven
A dream weaver’s haven
No game could be better than this

No comments:

Post a Comment