Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snowfall

Dear Chris,

I woke this morning to a blanket of white. First snowfalls are always exciting. The kids got their sleds out of the shed and slipped and slid down the hill behind the house. After my daughter's incident last year, she is more careful. (Oh was she mad when the ice sent her flying, and then bit her in the face.) They know to stay away from the pond too.

I made chili for lunch while they were out sledding. My son came in and said, "What smells so warm and yummy?" Sometimes he just sends my heart flying. Even though he tracked wet snow across the house. My daughter's grin was priceless.

After lunch we went shopping for the larger family Christmas party tomorrow. The menu is unusual, pizza and fresh fruit. We want to keep things simple so that we can enjoy each other, rather than spending the day cooking and cleaning. We all get enough of that. I also bought a poinsettia, and a small potted tree to decorate with. My daughter and I had found a table cloth which actually fits Mom's huge table in another foray. I had to buy Christmas cookie cutters too. I was horrified at my total when we checked out. It should be a fun day, though.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment